Impact analysis of Celebrity based promotion campaigns
September 10, 2020
Large Lifesciences company
- Even before the campaign was rolled out there was lots of free publicity in the media by digital channels – This made the sales shot up
- However, given the cost of the campaign was high, it was to understand if it was worthy to spend such high on celebrity.
- Key business questions which needed to be addressed:
Overall impact of the campaign on brand prescribing.
Impact of the campaign by geography and by media channels (TV/Print/Online)
Analytics Led Approach
Customer segmentation was done based on a combination of business rules on Sales, Promotions, Segments & Area.
Impact of DTC impressions on Brand Sales was evaluated using linear regression model.
Free publicity impact were also studied and segregated to a large extent from the actual promotion impact, though time series studies.
- Impact by both paid and earned media impressions.
- Identifed which earned media sub-component was most impactful.
Critical Success Factors
- Unique methodology and approach- leading to innovation award.
- Robust analysis – Both paid and earned media impressions considered