Impact analysis of Direct to Consumer marketing campaigns
3AI September 10, 2020
Large Lifesciences company
Television advertisements focusing on key portfolio brands were launched in order to provide impetus to client’s marketing campaign.
Impact of the above campaign on individual brands as well as the combined portfolio needed to be analyzed.
The solution required to exclude the effect of extraneous factors like managed care and other promotion channels.
Analytics Led Approach
- To remove the seasonality of sale fluctuation and to capture actual promotion impact ,time series regression model was used
- Promotion impact was estimated at various segment levels across geography using impression data
- A separate impact analysis for each brand was conducted to capture the impact of the multiple other promotions for the brand
- Estimate the impact of DTC promotion but also analyze the impact of other extraneous components on brand and portfolio sales
Critical Success Factors
- Appropriate analysis methodology selection for different direct to consumer channels