Volume Forecasting for IT Support Tickets
3AI September 6, 2020
Europe based manufacturing client
- A manufacturing giant runs its IT Support center operations from multiple locations. With various LOBs, Languages, Teams, and Geographies. Due to an incumbent process, the demand queue was not properly managed.
- Linear extrapolation was yielding a high error percentage for demand planning, the team wanted a much more correct volume estimate.
Analytics Led Approach
Methodology Comparison and Evaluation
Event Class Suggestion
- Part comparison of methodologies to evaluate the ‘best in class’ forecaster
- Evaluation of the methodologies which yield the most believable forecasts
Critical Success Factors
- High accuracy of forecasts, increase of efficiency by over 90% from the original forecast
- Multiple LOB’s utilized multiple models to evaluate the time patterns and estimates. A combination of methodologies ensured more flexible model
- Demand planning effort for the IT Support teams went down significantly to yield much more efficient results and better shift planning