Email Campaign and Cadence Analytics
September 10, 2020
World leader in film, television and music entertainment
- Company executes numerous email campaigns for their official online store selling movie, television, music and entertainment merchandise.
- Company wished to improve the effectiveness of email campaigns by converting more opens to clicks and clicks to purchases.
- Increasing database attrition raised concerns of losing customer base for email marketing.
Analytics Led Approach
- Provided an integrated longitudinal view of marketing touches by customer and delivered insights on those trends.
- Linked analysis of customer behavior to purchases and order value to financially orient all findings.
- Provided suggestions on expanding sample data window for improving accuracy and scope of analyses.
- Data Source: CRM data that includes campaign information at customer level, order purchase data, other customer activity data.
- Message-mix analysis highlighted the importance of commercial messages in delivering higher open & click rates.
- Insights and views delivered set the next steps for defining an email cadence testing methodology.
Critical Success Factors
- Analysis across segments yielded different open/click and purchase behaviors – instrumental in determining the optimal email cadence patterns.
- Identified the key cadence metrics driving the conversion – Frequency, Time Gap between touches, and Day of the Week